In today’s post, I did a complete review of Hide.me VPN, one of the top VPN services in the world.
This VPN is trusted by more than 20 million users globally because of its simplicity, privacy features & speed.
By the end of this post, you would have installed Hide.me VPN knowing its features, speed, and performance, privacy, and security, encryption, How to download and install, pros and cons, etc.
Now let’s dig in:
Below is a breakdown of what I will cover;
- About the Company (Overview)
- Devices you can us Hide.me VPN on
- Features of Hide.me VPN
- Speed and Performance
- Price (Free or Paid version)
- Privacy and Security
- How to download and install Hide.meVPN
- Pros and Cons
1. About the Company (Overview)
Hide.me is a Malaysia-based company that has been providing free and commercial VPN services since 2011.
Its network is a fair size, with 1,400 servers (most supporting P2P) spread across 55 countries. This company was built upon providing internet security and freedom for every internet user.
2. Devices you can use Hide.me VPN on
It is amazing to know that Hide me VPN can be used on Windows, Mac OS X, iOS, Android, and Linux.
This implies that it can be used on Android phones, iPhone, tablets, and a router. Your computers, tablets, iPhones, Android phones, Windows phones, Blackberry, Chrome books, macOS, Linux (Ubuntu), Fedora 24+ and Fire TV.
3. Features of Hide.me VPN
- 1560+ servers in 60 locations.
- Watch Global IPTV.
- Unlimited data transfer limit
- Multiple VPN protocols
- Affordable pricing
- Lifetime free VPN and 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee for our paid plans
- 24/7 Customer support
- No Log VPN.
- A geographically diverse VPN network
- Guaranteed Privacy
- IKEv2, OpenVPN, SoftEther & SSTP
- Smooth Even On Unstable Connection.
4. Speed and performance
In terms of performance and server speed, Hide.me VPN doesn’t break any records and it certainly doesn’t deliver anything truly impressive. That doesn’t mean it places itself at the other end of the spectrum.
If I were to rate it, it would probably be somewhere in the middle in this case, a mediocre one at the very least.
Even when you’re connected to a server close to your location, and even if your internet connection is fast by default, you’ll find it impossible to get speeds over 50 Mbps.
5. Price (Free or Paid version)
It is surprising to know that hide.me app gives an absolutely free VPN to internet users. You get a free 500 MB data transfer limit which can be renewed every 2 weeks.
The best part is that there is no limit on how many times you could renew your free plan which means you can enjoy their free VPN for the rest of your life.
However, there is an affordable plus plan for security seekers and a premium plan for streamers and downloaders with unlimited data transfer limits.
The pricing plans are below.
(3 location with limited bandwidth):
- For a lifetime- $0
(32 location in 27 countries; one single login and 72GB data transfer)
- 1 month- $9.95
- 6 month- $39.95
- 12 month- $69.95
(32 location in 27 countries; multi-login and unlimited data transfer limit)
- 1 month- $19.95
- 6 month- $79.95
- 12 month- $119.95
N.B: 45% of discounts are offered to customers who subscribe for a year or 6-month plan.
6. Privacy and Security
One of the pros of hide.me VPN is that it has Tough encryption. The service uses a wide range of protocols: IKEv2, PPTP, L2TP, IPSec, OpenVPN, Soft ether, SOCKS, and SSTP. They offer AES-256 encryption and a kill switch for maximum security.
8. How to download and install Hide.meVPN
- Download and install hide.me app on your device
- you need to sign up by choosing one of its subscription plans.
- Log in with your hide.me credentials and enable it.
- You can then connect to any server of you choice that gives you access to your favorite sites.
9. Pros and cons
- It has enhanced security features and offers a free anonymous proxy browser to easily access blocked websites.
- There are no IP or DNS leaks with Hide.me.
- Hide.me’s interface is easy to navigate no matter the device you’re using.
- Hide.me VPN has a kill switch that severs your internet connection and which ensures protection even when your VPN connection drops at any time.
- Slow Download and Upload Speeds.
- Below Average Server Network. This is because it is a newer VPN, it expected to have a smaller server network.
- Only One Simultaneous Connection for Cheapest Plan.
- Hide.me VPN has a free plan but it limits you from doing a whole lot.
- Support Could Be Better.
- hide.me can’t access the US Netflix content
- Small and Limited Refund Window.
Finally, we have come to the end of the post, let’s do a quick recap of what we have learned.
So far, we learned;
Hide.me as we can see from these review is a VPN provider that keeps no logs and aims to put safety and security at the top of its priorities.
The speeds are also generally good, faster than many other services we’ve seen, despite the high level (AES-256 bit) encryption that they offer.
They also offer limited free access to 5 locations, allowing you to test out the system without any time limits.
Now is the time for me to answer your questions in the comment section.
Tell me, Was this article simple enough and did you learn anything new?
Have you downloaded Hide.me VPN? Or maybe you have a question.
Let me know in the comment section below.